Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Time Keeper.

GWell hello my lovely reader

So my favorite book (at the moment) is titled The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom: it's about a man born close to the begining of the world and starts to record and count the quantity of time. He comes into a  conflict with the creator and thus begins the amazing journey you embark.
There are other characters with in this story that grip you and carry you along but the one constant theme is time it's movement and the control or lack of control that all beings have and the delusions or illusions, truth or denial people have about their own situation in life is just fascinating.
It really struck a cord with me as all new parents deal with this very same philosophical question.
It starts with - Routine routine routine. Then the questions:
How long should they sleep?
How long between feeds?
How long should they cry?
When should I go back to work?
Am i working to much,
Am i not spending enough time with them?
When do i do the chores?

I could go on, the list is boring and endless but I am sure you get my drift.

This writing stired and spoke to a reality in me that i did not realise I was in. This is why I say this is my favorite  book as I hadn't felt that for so long as I had been in Baby land for way to long.
You see when in baby land you live completely in the present there is no future maybe the slight glimer of guilt concerning the past ie: i should have brushed my teeth this morning but other wise your brain and time is totally suspended in a bubble that time seems to flow over like a river does to a rock. And there I stayed happy blissfully unaware of my situation.
Until time wore down my bubble and came flooding in with this book.
After I finished the novel i posted my achievement on face book and then Started to calculate how long it had actually been since I had done something completely rewarding for myself like that and not connected with my little one.
The water came rushing in and thus my desire to read came back into life.

This novel is inspiring and the imagery, striking and beautiful. I highly recommend this novel to anyone feeling lost or out of sorts with themselves

I borrowed it from my local library xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment